New features in DigitalPro 6 include:
- Batch editing -- Launch a series of images or an image
stack into a single editor session. Very useful for HRD & Panorama
automation as well as editing a series of images at once into Photoshop
- Batch Edit has been added to the Right-click menu on the Light
- Image Stacks -- Stack images together to be processed
as a group. Perfect for easier handling and viewing of the images which make
up your panoramas or HDR exposures--or just to make your workflow simpler by
grouping similar images together for viewing and filing.
- Stack & Un-stack have been added to the right click menu on the
Light Table (Stack stacks all selected images for later batch processing
- Image File Backup & Validation -- Unique to DigitalPro
is an integrated system for not only making backups (clones or replicas) of
your image folders, but creating secure checksums of those images and
allowing you to validate your images and their backups to help detect file
- You can Backup & Validate images directly by right-clicking in the
File Tree, or
- By using the Catalog menu to Backup and/or validate your Filing
- By Using the expanded Tools->Options->Filing to Backup &/or Validate
any set of your folders or only new images in those folders. (The filing
cabinet is now expanded to include up to 5 separate folders)
- Saved Searches -- You can now save the searches you
create using the Find command. They are saved along with your other Project
folders and can be re-run with a single click at any time.
- Additional pre-defined searches -- In addition to
finding all the images created near the time or date of an existing image
pre-defined searches have been added to show you all the images you have
taken today, this week and this month.
- These searches are pre-loaded in a new "Searches" group in your
Projects docking window.
- SQL Display -- You can show the SQL that DigitalPro
uses for its find commands. This makes it easy for anyone familiar with
database tools to use a SQLite compatible database browser to create their
own queries and use the DigitalPro catalog database in their own custom
- Additional Image Thumbnails -- Additional image types
now show thumbnails, especially most Video formats like those created by
D-SLRs with video capture capability.
- Additional Custom Editors -- To accommodate the
increasing number of image editing tools the number of custom editors which
DigitalPro can remember has been increased from 4 to 6.
- Faster folder display -- Most folders now display
significantly more quickly due to significant improvements in catalog
- Added Keywords column to the Find Dialog results
- Added %I wildcard for placing auto-generated Image
Number when Renaming
- Added Display Image in Folder to Right-click Image Menu
- New Keyword Display InfoIcon and Copy Keywords and Add Copied
Keywords commands to easily transfer keywords to new or additional
- New Skins, including "Darkroom" skin for those who love
that gray & black trendy look
- Background IPTC & XMP Meta-data writing -- For advanced
users who desire faster keywording of images you can now set DigitalPro to
write metadata to image files in the background by editing the line (in
- <add key="background_metadata_write" value="False"/> to
- <add key="background_metadata_write" value="True"/> and restarting
NOTE: This is an advanced option. Because DP will
be writing in the background you do not want to be opening the affecting
images in Photoshop or Capture or other editors while they are still
being written. Otherwise either your image edits or your metadata edits
will be lost. DP will tell you in the status bar on the right when it is
finished with background updates.
You can install DP6 right alongside DP5. It will by default share the same
catalog & most of your settings & templates. Layouts are changed. If for some
reason you do not see all the new commands you may need to reset your toolbar(s)
using the small down arrow on the right side of the toolbars.